Waupun Utilities customers are again receiving calls from scammers stating that they need to pay their past due balance and that if unpaid, "we" would be out to shut off their electric.
The winter moratorium on electric disconnection has ended and we do disconnect electric services for non-payment during this time.
Some key points to remember in the event you receive a call regarding past due balances are:
- Waupun Utilities does not accept payment over the phone and we do not make personal calls outside of our normal business hours of Monday – Friday from 8 am – 4 pm.
- Waupun Utilities does not disconnect service outside of normal business hours, on weekends or holidays.
- If your account is in arrears and subject for disconnection of service, you would have received a "Disconnection" notice in the mail from Waupun Utilities stating the past due balance and disconnection date.
- If ever in question, hang up the phone and look up our phone number and call us to discuss your account details. Do not call the number that was given to you by the scammer.
- You can view your account balance and payment history using MyAccount located on our website at myaccount.waupunutilities.com
Please do not hesitate to call us. We are here for you!